You are here:
Assessment of design and documentation
- All variables are clearly described in the related comment online and printed reference manual; most of them are displayed in graphics, so the user can see the definition also graphically (independent of his own language).
- All alphanumeric inputs can be typed with several names. The soft-recognition-routine of Screw-Designer accepts a lot of similar expressions.
- All values, which are taken for simulation, can be clearly identified, no matter if they are specified by user or estimated by Screw-Designer.
- An extensive help system with 4 levels is available: comments for each single value, online help for general aspects of simulation, printed short manual for short reference, printed reference manual (book with a lot of valuable hints for your design work).
- Tables for conversion of strength/hardness as well as for conversion of units are available.
- Each parameter (no matter if from definitions or results) is checked due to compatibility. Warning marks are indicating any suspicious detail.
- Assessment with safety-factors and overall rating due to behaviour of the fastening system, distinguished into tightening and operating. Graphical evaluation with dynamic diagrams.
- Listing of warnings, listing of defined parameters, listing of estimated parameters.
- For easy documentation (filing with printed sheets of paper or electronically), all results (numeric values, diagrams and graphics) are positioned with a clearly structured page layout. A page reference consists of project-number, description, user name, date and addressee. Remarks or additional calculations of user can be added to any simulation.
- All cited standards are international from ISO, so every engineer over the world knows them and can work with them.
- The English language is international - Screw-Designer is also a dictionary for fastening terminology by reason of numerous figures, which explain most parameters.