You are here:
- Analytical simulation tool with closed loop of mathematical dependencies, minimized user input and quality assessment of the designed fastening system. All relevant deviations of geometry, friction, material strength are covered automatically. Simulation is based on guideline VDI 2230.
- Minimization of user input is realized by an effective range of Standards for geometries and materials, which can be modified for the particular problem (all parameters can be user-specified). Minimum user input is only thread size - all other parameters will be proposed by Screw-Designer. On the other hand all parameters can be specified by the user.
- Dynamic diagrams for important results like preload history, tightening torque, contact pressures, material temperature behaviour, show directly characteristics and limits. Typical force-elongation-diagrams for tightening and operating as well as for thermal and mechanical loading are available, including indication of secondary plastification during operating.
- Tightening methods available with full descriptions and functionality for simulation are: torque controlled tightening, yield point controlled tightening, angular controlled tightening, torsion free tightening, preload controlled tightening. For all methods any tightening specification defined by the user can be typed or numeric proposal of Screw-Designer with tolerances can be used.
- Mechanical loading: behaviour of fastening system with applied static and/or dynamic centric or eccentric axial forces or transversal forces including nonlinear load-factor and transfer-function.
- Thermal loading: behaviour of fastening system for different temperatures between tightening and operating including change of material properties.
- Mechanical loading and thermal loading can be combined, so a preload history is relevant. This preload history is calculated in detail.
- Established surface finishings are proposed.